Atlanta Gas Light emergency crew and Gwinnett firefighters respond to gas leak report in Duluth neighborhood.
- POLICE & FIRE
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
An emergency crew from Atlanta Gas Light stopped a natural gas leak in the 4800 block of High Forest Drive in Duluth about 10:58 p.m. Tuesday (May 15). Gwinnett firefighters responded at 8:05 p.m. to a report of a gas leak in the neighborhood and detected a strong odor of natural gas and a leak from a two-inch service line. Eight residents of four homes were evacuated and then allowed to return after the line was repaired and the situation was safely under control. No injuries were reported. The leak was caused by a contracting crew working on the sewer system, according to Gwinnett Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge. Firefighters continuously monitored gas readings in the area and deployed a hoseline on the ground to protect gas company workers …
Firefighters responded to reports of natural gas leak near assisted living facility.
- POLICE & FIRE
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Updated 4:15 p.m. Gwinnett firefighters responded the scene of a natural gas leak outside a senior assisted living and nursing facility located at 680 Holcomb Bridge Road in the City of Norcross around 9 a.m. this morning. Crews found an active leak and an odor of gas and said the leak was caused by a contracting crew that struck a gas service line while doing grading and excavating work near the building. Firefighters continued to monitor the area and found no gas readings inside the facility or the surrounding structures, said Capt. Tommy Rutledge with the Gwinnett Fire Department. As a precaution, all occupants were sheltered-in-place until the leak was brought under control. A slight wind condition helped to readily dissipate the …