Seven Duluth High School Wildcats signed letters of intent Wednesday (Feb. 6) to play football at Stetson University, Georgia Southern University, Clark Atlanta University, and Atlanta Sports Academy in the fall. The athletes were joined by coaches, teachers, family and friends for the National Signing Day ceremony at DHS.
The signees were:
- WR Gregory Blackshear - Stetson University
- WR Myles Campbell – Georgia Southern University
- RB Lavonte Cranford – Atlanta Sports Academy
- WR Jordan Dandridge – Atlanta Sports Academy
- RB Jordan Dooley – Clark Atlanta University
- WR/DB Michael Stewart – Atlanta Sports Academy
- OL Julian Williams – Atlanta Sports Academy
Also recognized, but not present, was DB Javier Walker, who graduated in 2011 and attended Itawamba Community College. Williams is transferring to play football at Middle Tennessee State University.
New DHS Principal Anthony Smith, Athletic Director Bill Navas and Head Football Coach Corey Jarvis congratulated the honorees and their parents. Jarvis praised each athlete and their accomplishments.
Navas paid tribute to the coaching and mentoring skills of Coach Jarvis, who recently resigned, citing family reasons. A date for his last day has not yet been decided.