Join the Gwinnett County Department of Transportation, the Gwinnett Place and the Gwinnett Village Community Improvement Districts for an open house to discuss an upcoming study on transportation alternatives and solutions for improving local and regional mobility and connectivity in the I-85 corridor.
An open house in scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, at the Gwinnett Village CID, 5855 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Suite 122 in Norcross. Another open house is planned from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9, at the , 1775 Pleasant Hill Road in Duluth. The same information will be presented at both gatherings.
The study has as its goals:
- Enhance regional and local accessibility
- Expand the effectiveness of transit service
- Provide a cost-effective and financially feasible transportation system
- Encourage transit supportive land use and economic development
- Support sustainable communities and sound environmental practices/policies
Representatives from Gwinnett County DOT, Gwinnett Place and Gwinnett Village CIDs and the study consultant Atkins North America will be in attendance at the open houses with study plans and displays.
For more information on the I-85 Transit Study, visit www.gwinnettcounty.com or call 770-822-7400.