The fireworks are over (for the most part), and hopefully you didn't burn down your house. Or your neighbor's house. Either way you can still burn the candle at both ends, and we've got some great ideas to get you started.
- Chocolate Perks hosts a Friday Art Walk series with photos of Italy by Kayte Henderson. Live music will be provided by Mixed Genes and Paul Sanner. Come for the art and stay for the music.
- Matt Morrison, who plays Will Schuester on Glee, is stopping by Gwinnett Arena Friday night to perform songs from his new album and maybe even a few tunes from the show.
- The Stephen Lee Band kicks off a two-day music barrage in Historic Downtown Norcross with a Friday night concert in Thrasher Park.
- Live Music in Downtown Norcross continues on Saturday when T-Grease Johnson and Stoney Brooks headline this year's Bluesberry Festival. In addition to the great blues being played, local farmers will sell fresh blueberries, and local restaurants will be featuring special blueberry dishes and drinks.
- B98.5 and the City of Duluth kick off the city's outdoor movies series this Saturday with the family film "Megamind." The movie starts around dusk, but bring the family to the Town Green early for some family fun including the spray fountain and bag and ball tossing games.
- The Force looks to make it three straight as they take on the Chicago Rush at Gwinnett Arena this weekend. While the NFL and Players Association are still deciding if they'll play ball this fall, The Force is on deck for the playoffs and pushing for a spot in the ArenaBowl. Go and support the team!
- The Gwinnett Braves wrap up a home and away series with the Charlotte Knights this weekend.
Friday - 7:05 p.m.
Saturday - 6:05 p.m. (Double header to make up a postponed game)
Sunday - 2:05 p.m.