Beat the heat this weekend by showing it you aren't afraid. Put on some shorts, grab some friends and Get Out!
- Local playwrights are featured at Lionheart Theatre in Historic Norcross this weekend in a collection of short plays titled "Life is Short." For more information visit Onion Man Productions.
- The only thing kids are allowed to fib about this Saturday is the size of the fish they caught at the Jones Bridge Park Kids Fishing Day. Rod and bait are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. No fishing license necessary. Call 770-417-2200 for more information.
- Friday morning at the Peachtree Corners Public Library, Keith Karnok, or "Mr. Keith the Magic Man," will be performing for kids. His show "One World, Many Stories" combines magic, ventriloquism and reading and fits in with the summer reading theme.
"- Rising Stars presents this hour-long, fast-paced, funny fairytale for kids Thursday through Sunday at New Dawn Theater in Duluth. For more information visit the New Dawn Theater website.
- Summer is here, and it's time to get out to the lake and fish. Wanna make sure you're a step ahead of your buddies? Dickson Adams will be giving a workshop at Bass Pro Shops at Discover Mills focusing on Fast Moving Baits for Schooling Fish. Same rule applies for adults and kids. No fibbing, except about fish.
- The Mall of Georgia is screening "Nanny McPhee Returns" as part of the ongoing, summer series Movies Under the Stars. Live music from local band Legend starts at 6:30 p.m. with the movie beginning at dusk.
- The Atlanta Silverbacks return to Silverbacks Stadium after heartbreaking defeat to the Carolina Railhawks in Cary, NC, last week. Saturday night at 7:30, NSC Minnesota will be in town to compete with the Silverbacks, so make sure you come out and support the team.
- After three consecutive losses, the Force went on the road last week and got a victory in San Jose. Come cheer on the team and their playoff run as they host the Tampa Bay Storm this Saturday night.
. The big boys are heading to Queens this weekend to take on the division rival Mets. While they're gone, head out to Coolray Field to watch the Gwinnett Braves play the Buffalo Bisons in a four-game series.
Friday - 7:05 p.m.
Saturday - 7:05 p.m.
Sunday - 2:05 p.m.
Monday - 7:05 p.m.