“Take the Pledge for a Healthy Heart” at Gwinnett Medical Center’s community celebration recognizing the new Strickland Heart Center. Advance registration is required.
This free event in the ballroom of the Gwinnett Center in Duluth from 8-11 a.m. will feature screenings, educational booths, cooking demonstrations by an award-winning chef, classes led by certified fitness instructors, complimentary chair massages, and prizes. Giveaways including iPad 2s or iPods will occur every 30 minutes.
Heart Healthy Exhibit Booths include:
- Nutrition Consultation
- Exercise Education
- Health Risk Counseling
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Stroke Risk Assessment
- Heart Health Risk Assessment
- Sleep Apnea Risk Assessment
- Smoking Cessation
- Total Cholesterol*
- Full Lipid Profile (LDL, HDL and Triglycerides)*
- Body Fat Composition
- Blood Pressure
- Bone Density Scan
- Weight & Waist Circumference
* Registration is required for screenings, and test subjects must fast at least eight hours before appointments. Screenings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Partners for the Heart Healthy event are Partnership Gwinnett, 94.9 The Bull and 640 AM WGST.
The Strickland Heart Center is in Gwinnett Medical Center-Lawrenceville. GMC also has a Duluth hospital campus.