Stroll through Historic Downtown Duluth Friday, Oct. 12, and discover how “artsy” it has become during an Autumn Art Walk sponsored by the Duluth Fine Arts League. DFAL sponsors spring and fall art walks annually.
“Businesses in downtown Duluth will be open from 6-9 p.m. and will display art or have art activities or demonstrations,” said new Duluth Fine Arts League President Kay Montgomery.
Here are some of the special activities that are planned:
- Luv for Art will have an artist painting from 6-7 p.m. and a private painting party for strollers to observe from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Hardeman Fine Art Glass will offer a stained glass cutting demonstration.
- Rare Purls in the Historic Knox House will present a knitting demonstration from 6-8 p.m.
- Sassy Girl will have a monogramming demonstration.
- FYI Duluth Design Center will feature artist demonstrations in its showroom.
- Love, Peace, and Decorating will have its decorators on hand.
- Trish Land will be available for decorating tips.
- Chocolate Perks will display art by local artists on the walls.
- Crave Pie will display their culinary art.
Park Café, Pure Taqueria, Steverino’s, and Best of Brews also will be open for art walkers to purchase food and beverages.