The James Beard Foundation– a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering a deeper understanding of America’s culinary culture– has announced the semifinalists for its 2013 Restaurant and Chef Awards, and a couple Buckhead area restaurants and chefs were noted for their greatness.
Buckhead’s Holeman & Finch Public House was noted for its Outstanding Bar Program.
Aaron Russell of Buckhead’s Restaurant Eugene was noted as an outstanding pastry chef.
Other Atlanta-area restaurants and chefs JBF semifinalists include:
- The Porter Beer Bar in East Atlanta, Outstanding Bar Program
- Bacchanalia, Outstanding Service
- Anne Quatrano of West Midtown’s Bacchanalia, Outstanding Chef
- Billy Allin of Decatur’s Cakes & Ale, Best Chef in Southeast
- Todd Richards of The Shed at Glenwood, Best Chef in Southeast
- Steven Satterfield of Miller Union, Best Chef in Southeast
Chef Ford Fry of Midtown’s The Optimist and JCT Kitchen and Decatur’s No. 246 was named an outstanding restauranteur, along with Mike Klank and Eddie Hernandez of Taqueria del Sol, with a location on Cheshire Bridge and one on Howell Mill Road.
Cardamom Hill in west Atlanta was the only Atlanta restaurant to be recognized as one of the country’s best new restaurants.
The 2013 James Beard Foundation Award nominees will be announced on March 18, and the JBF Awards will be presented in New York City in May 3 and 6.
- Buckhead Chef Nominated for James Beard Award
- Hopkins Honored to be Best Chef in the Southeast