From ReadMedia Newswire
With several Gwinnett County natives leading the way, the Brenau University Golden Tigers Track & Field Team won its second consecutive Southern States Athletics Conference championship April 25-26 in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The Golden Tigers used talent and depth to score points in every event in the SSAC meet and to finish first in 14 of 21 contests.
Gwinnett students on the winning team include:
- Chelsea Alexandra Blake of Duluth, majoring in health science. Blake is a graduate of Brookwood High School.
- Aunica Lynn Clinton of Buford, majoring in mass communication. Her team came in first place in the 4X800-meter relay. Clinton is a graduate of Mill Creek High School.
- Tioni N. Harris of Suwanee, majoring in biology. Harris is a graduate of Collins Hill High School.
- DeMichia Imani Higgins of Duluth, majoring in business. She won the 110 hurdles in 14.75 seconds. Higgins is a graduate of Duluth High School.
- Sarah Jessica Johnson of Suwanee, majoring in art education. Johnson is a graduate of North Gwinnett High School.
- Tyana Luna of Lawrenceville, majoring in biology. She finished fourth place in the 3000 meter Steeplechase. Luna is a graduate of Berkmar High School.
- Anazjah Khaeloni Mayes of Lawrenceville, majoring in fashion merchandising. Her team captured a first place win in the 4 x 400 relay, and she took third place in the 400-meter hurdles. Mayes is a graduate of Dacula High School.
- Ismaelle Wilna Occeus of Lawrenceville, majoring in biology. She captured third place in the triple jump, her team finished second place in the 4 x 100 meter relay, and she took eighth place in the long jump. Occeus is a graduate of Central Gwinnett High School.