Invite a friend
EDDIE OWEN PRESENTS AT THE RCT - Ellis Paul Family Matinee
"The Dragonfly Races" is ELLIS PAUL's 14th album which was inspired by his two daughters. This marks Ellis' debut into the family/children’s genre. It began with the birth of his second daughter, when Ellis took time off the road for 6 weeks, the longest amount of time in his 15 year touring career. Late nights of pacing the floor while singing Sofi to sleep, Ellis decided to use his songwriting skills to create lyrics and music comprised of the messages he wanted to pass on to his daughters as they grow.
The songs on the album are intended to be sweet and playful yet insightful and thoughtful. Written in true to form Ellis Paul style of compelling and witty story telling; each song will bring both parents and children into a picture that Ellis paints with each lyric. Themes of peace, unity, and a sense of the planet as a whole underlie the album with grace rather than overstatement. To make the CD even more special, Ellis has married his drawing and painting skills with his music; all the artwork is done by Ellis, fulfilling his dream of putting the two together. The songs and artwork are clearly meant to be enjoyed by children as well as adults and promises to be a significant addition to the genre of family music. The album is produced by Flynn (producer of American Jukebox Fables) and is joined vocally by other folk favorites, Antje Duvekot, Vance Gilbert and rhythmically by Bill Jonas.
Ellis Paul is a critically acclaimed singer, songwriter, poet and troubadour He is the recipient of thirteen Boston Music Awards, second only to multi-platinum act Aerosmith. Since launching from Boston, Ellis has built a vast catalog of music which weds striking poetic imagery and philosophical introspection with hook-laden melodies. He averages 150 shows a year and travels across America and Europe, playing venues from church basements to Carnegie Hall. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame invited Ellis to pay tribute to his hero Woody Guthrie, who has influenced and inspired Ellis in a profound way.
- Purchase Tickets Here -
|Where||Red Clay Theatre 3116 Main St, Duluth, GA 30096|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Everyone, Kids, Families|
More About Red Clay Theatre
Red Clay Theater is a performance venue located on Main Street in Duluth. The location offers a wide range of shows and puts on various productions, including professional and community theater. It has free parking and also holds music performances, including folk music and songwriters. Check the main website for details on upcoming events or for information on getting involved in the theater.
Other events here
- Eddie Owen Presents:Dan Navarro(of Lowen & Navarro) at Red Clay Theatre Thu, May 30, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Songwriters In-the-Round: John McCutcheon - Caroline Herring - Michelle Malone w/ Very Special Guest Fri, May 31,
- Eddie Owen Presents: Songwriter's Open Mic Shootout #2 Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: The Waymores Thu, Jun 6, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Edie Carey & Andy Gullahorn at Red Clay Theatre Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Elliot Bronson & Yonder Orphans Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Banks & Shane Sat, Jun 15, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: MELODIME with special guests, Connor Pledeger & Juliana Finch Thu, Jun 20, 7:45 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Songwriters In-the-Round: Dede Vogt - Caroline Aiken - Trina & Tomi (of Three5Human) Sat, Jun 22, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Summer Pop Fest with Mathai, Norwood, and Riley Sun, Jun 23, 4:00 pm