Invite a friend
EDDIE OWEN PRESENTS AT THE RCT: David Wilcox
Cleveland-born DAVID WILCOX was inspired to play guitar after hearing a fellow college student playing in a stairwell. His lyrical insight is matched by a smooth baritone voice, virtuosic guitar chops, and creative open tunings, giving him a range and tenderness rare in folk music. He released an independent album in 1987, was a winner of the prestigious Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award in 1988, and by 1989 he had signed with A&M Records. His first release on the label, ‘How Did You Find Me Here’, sold over 100,000 copies the first year largely by word of mouth. Now, 17 albums into a career marked by personal revelation and wildly loyal fans, David continues to find and deliver joy, inspiration, and invention.
Considered a 'songwriter's songwriter', his songs have been covered by artists such as k.d. lang and many others. In addition to his writing prowess, his skills as a performer and storyteller are unmatched. He holds audiences rapt with nothing more than a single guitar, thoroughly written songs, a fearless ability to mine the depths of human emotions of joy, sorrow and everything in between, and all tempered by a quick and wry wit.
Reflecting on well over 20 years of record-making and touring extensively around the US and world, Wilcox says, “Music still stretches out before me like the head-lights of a car into the night. It’s way beyond where I am, but it shows where I’m going. I used to think that my goal was to catch up, but now I’m grateful that the music is always going to be way out in front to inspire me.”
- Purchase Tickets Here -
|Where||Red Clay Theatre 3116 Main St, Duluth, GA 30096|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Red Clay Theatre
Red Clay Theater is a performance venue located on Main Street in Duluth. The location offers a wide range of shows and puts on various productions, including professional and community theater. It has free parking and also holds music performances, including folk music and songwriters. Check the main website for details on upcoming events or for information on getting involved in the theater.
Other events here
- Eddie Owen Presents: Chatham County Line Thu, May 23, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Bobby Yang and his Unrivaled Players Fri, May 24, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents:Dan Navarro(of Lowen & Navarro) at Red Clay Theatre Thu, May 30, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Songwriters In-the-Round: John McCutcheon - Caroline Herring - Michelle Malone w/ Very Special Guest Fri, May 31,
- Eddie Owen Presents: Songwriter's Open Mic Shootout #2 Sat, Jun 1, 7:30 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: The Waymores Thu, Jun 6, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Edie Carey & Andy Gullahorn at Red Clay Theatre Fri, Jun 7, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Elliot Bronson & Yonder Orphans Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: Banks & Shane Sat, Jun 15, 8:00 pm
- Eddie Owen Presents: MELODIME with special guests, Connor Pledeger & Juliana Finch Thu, Jun 20, 7:45 pm