My sweet baby girl,
The day you were born, our family became complete. You’ve brought indescribable joy to our lives and I thank God everyday for entrusting you to me. Your sense of humor and quick wit marvels me and your passionate and loving heart for the less fortunate inspire me. You care deeply, and often that caring leads to hurt, and unfortunately you inherited my “why don’t they like me” complex. You can’t control what others think so just let it go. Friends are going to let you down and probably more than once but then again, you will let them down as well. Just embrace the good times, eat lots of ice cream during the bad and always remember a good friend is cheaper than a therapist.
At 17, your life is just beginning but after the tragedies of late, I want to share some wisdom with you that I hope will remind you how loved you are, and will stay with you as you start your journey.
- Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
- You’ll never be too old to let me rock you, or sleep with me.
- Always fight fair, but never be afraid to fight.
- The painful truth is always better, and easier, than a messy lie.
- God says all things are beautiful, that includes you so never doubt you’re the most beautiful woman in the world.
- Travel, dip your toes in many oceans and experience the world. It’s ready for you
- Staying up late into the night reading a good book is never time wasted.
- The best way to never worry about gossiping is to never gossip about anyone else.
- Marriage is an act of courage, commitment and sacrifice. It’s also the most fun you will ever have with your best friend.
- If it makes you uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say it.
- Don’t be afraid to be foolish.
- Life is not a Taylor Swift song. It’s complicated, messy and fascinating!
- Prince Charming isn’t a fairytale, he’s a myth and real men aren’t afraid of strong women.
- The benefit of the doubt is a great gift to give the ones we love.
- A good haircut, good shoes and a good handbag are really good things!
- Winnie the Pooh is the smartest bear in the whole world.
- No one cares if you dance well, just get up and dance.
- Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you’ll still land among the stars.
- The Notebook, a box of Kleenex and ice cream make a wonderful Saturday night.
- I will never tire of being your mom and you will always be my baby girl and no matter where your path takes you, I will always be proud to call you my daughter!
Be courageous, overuse I love you and thank you for the most amazing 17 years, I can’t wait to see where life takes you. Always remember that Dad and I hold the cure to homesickness!