Where can you go locally to learn more about genealogy, artists, the Duluth Fall Festival, and historic preservation? Come to the historic Strickland House, located at 2956 Buford Highway, just a few minutes from downtown, and learn about a variety of topics. The lectures for the rest of 2012 include:
- June 12: Finding your Military Ancestors in Georgia
- July 10: Hidden Treasures: Finding Strickland Family Letters in the Attic
- August 14: The Artist Community in Duluth
- September 11: History of the Duluth Fall Festival
- October 9: What is Historic Preservation?
- November 13: Caring for your Photographs and Scrapbooks
- December 11: DHS Winter Party Celebration
On the second Tuesday of each month, from 7 to 8 p.m., join your neighbors and friends for interesting topics and local speakers. In December, you will get a sneak peek of the 2013 lectures and events, as well as seeing the Strickland House in all its holiday-decorated glory.
While you are at the Strickland House for the Duluth Historical Society meeting and lecture, you will also be able to see the current exhibits on display at the museum.
Whether you are a long-time resident of Duluth, a recent transplant, or local community resident, we welcome everyone to come and join in the fun!