Spend some quality time with your kids on National KidsDay before they go back to school.
The City of Duluth invites families to congregate on the Town Green to celebrate National KidsDay Sunday, Aug. 5, from 1 to 6 p.m. School starts the next day on Aug. 6 for Duluth students attending Gwinnett County Public Schools.
National KidsDay was created in 1994 by KidsPeace, a 130-year-old national children's charity, to encourage adults to spend more meaningful time with their children, according to a press release issued by the city.
The free family-friendly activities include performances on the Duluth Festival Center stage, a petting zoo, the Atlanta Hawks Fun Truck & Basketball Court, the GA Bubble Man, and a Kid’s Zone with inflatables.
- 1:30 p.m. – Priceless Performers Dance Company
- 2 p.m. – Music is Magic, Goes Across the Country
- 3 p.m. – Atlanta Puppet “Specialty Puppet Show”
- 4 p.m. – Tommy Johns Award-Winning Magic Show
- 4:45 p.m. – Miss Cindy’s Dance Studio
- 5:15 p.m. – Kids Rock Band: Sean VanMeter and Death of the Peanut King
1- 5 p.m.
- Atlanta Hawks Fun Truck & Basketball Court
- Petting Zoo with 30 animals
- GA Bubble Man
- Zorb Ball
- Water Blaster Game
- Cool off in the Duluth Fountain
Slip ‘n’ Slide, Extreme Slide, Snake Obstacle and Fire Truck Combo will be available for $1 per ride. Pony rides cost $5 each.
Various booths will provide information and activities: Macaroni Kid, Gwinnett Gladiators, Great Play (a sports-related game), Malibu Grand Prix (bring a camera to take a picture in the race car), Southeastern Railway Museum (craft activity), The Schoolhouse (craft activity), and Miss Cindy’s Dance Studio (dance games).
Downtown merchants will offer KidsDay specials. Visit Best of Brews for a complimentary root beer. (Children must be accompanied by an adult.) Steverino’s will be serving a large one-topping pizza with four soft drinks for $14.95.