Search for Man Presumed Drowned in Lake Lanier Scaled Back
Jeffrey Nause was reported missing from a sailboat on Lake Lanier on Aug. 18.
The search for a man who is missing and presumed drowned in Lake Lanier has been scaled back.
Jeffrey Nause was reported missing shortly after midnight on Aug. 18. He was on a sailboat on Lake Lanier when he jumped into the water. After days of searching, the Hall County Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources announced the resources devoted to the search are being reduced.
Dive operations have been put on standby, but surface and sonar searches will continue. Divers will be available to investigate should the sonar and surface searches produce a target of interest, according to a press release from the Hall County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO).
For more on this story, visit Buford Patch.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Teen Dies in Possible Hot Tub Drowning
- UPDATED: Child Killed in Lanier Boating Collision, Boat Driver Arrested
- Body of Missing Teen Found at Lake Lanier
- Usher's Stepson Reportedly Dies From Lake Lanier Accident Injuries
- Man Indicted in Fatal Lake Lanier Boating Collision
- Vehicles Damaged by Fire Near Mall of Georgia