'Pirates' Play Laser Tag Free Saturday
Laser Voyage Cafe's grand opening celebration also includes pirate ship christening, laser tag tournament and arcade game competitions.
During Saturday’s grand opening of Laser Voyage Café in Duluth, guests dressed as pirates play laser tag for free. The Jan. 28 celebration at the 65,000-square-foot family entertainment center starts at noon and lasts until 10 p.m.
Laser Voyage Café offers pirate-themed laser tag in a two-story laser tag arena featuring a pirate village, a castle, and a 55-foot-long pirate ship decorated with vivid black light art. “The Black Voyage” will be christened during the celebration. The center also contains Georgia’s only laser maze. Besides laser tag and the laser maze, the latest arcade games are available.
Highlights of the celebration include:
- Free play for guests dressed as pirates.
- Costumed pirate re-enactors will be onsite to entertain guests.
- The christening of the pirate ship, “The Black Voyage.”
- A DJ will be playing upbeat family-friendly music all afternoon.
- Free family karaoke
- Prizes for high scores including a tablet computer to the highest laser tag score of the day, a free birthday party for 12 guests, and gift certificates.
- Free pirate hats and swords for the first 100 guests under the age of 12.
- $1 food specials including hot dogs; Pirate Pockets stuffed with steak, smoked mozzarella, or chicken; and Italian gelato.
- Video game and laser tag competitions throughout the day.
Here is the schedule of activities:
Noon – Kickoff/Tour of Facility and Arena
1 p.m. – Christening of “The Black Voyage”
2 p.m. – Team Tournament
3-8 p.m. - Pirate Laser Tag Tournament
6 p.m. – Skeeball Tournament
8-10 p.m. – Team Games
8-10 p.m. – Free Kareoke
9 p.m. – Pump It Up Dance Competition
10 p.m. – Zombie Laser Tag Tournament
10:30 p.m. – Announcement of Tournament Winners
As part of the Grand Opening, Laser Voyage Café will host several families from Atlanta’s Camp Sunshine, which provides year round recreational, educational, and support programs for children with cancer and their families in Georgia.
Laser Voyage Café also offers closed circuit monitors showing game play from inside the arena, free Wi-Fi, Italian espresso drinks, and sports on high definition TVs.
Located at 1866 Buford Highway between Duluth and Suwanee, Laser Voyage Café opened New Year’s Eve.
For more information, visit www.laservoyage.com or call 678-514-3430.