Tickets Still Available for Inaugural Bigfoot Conference
A limited number of tickets are still available for the Southeast’s first Bigfoot conference, to be held Jan. 12-13 at R-Ranch in the mountains near Dahlonega, Ga.
"With TV shows like ‘Finding Bigfoot’ drawing up to 1.5 million viewers weekly, this topic has become much more mainstream and widely accepted," said Alex Tomas, conference organizer.
Recently, the Internet has been buzzing with news of not just one, but two ongoing DNA studies that may prove the existence of these elusive beings.
The Midnight Walkers Southeastern Bigfoot Conference (MWSBC) will feature speakers known for their expertise on a variety of Bigfoot topics including language, tracking, home encounter cases, field techniques, interaction and even unique paranormal phenomenon frequently associated with Bigfoot.
In addition, the conference will address the hidden history of giant skeletons and stone mounds found across the United States.
"While the public has often seen the subject portrayed in the news as an oddity, this conference will present discussions by highly educated individuals representing different disciplines," Tomas said. "I think attendees will be blown away when they hear the evidence and truth about these mysterious beings, who live right in our midst."
Tomas said he became hooked on the Bigfoot phenomena after his child had a sighting. He has since recorded their speech and many other vocalizations, including bone-chilling calls, right here in Georgia.
"This is truly an untold mystery," he said. "And that is what has fed my obsession with learning more about them over the years. One can’t help but feeling like some sort of an anthropological ‘Indiana Jones’ when doing this kind of research." Tomas will be speaking at the conference on field research and audio techniques. Other scheduled speakers and their topics include the following:
- Scott Nelson (Language) - Former Naval Intelligence analyst and cryptolinguist
- Ron Morehead (Sierra experiences and recordings) - Successful entrepreneur and author of "Voices in the Wilderness" and known for the "Sierra Sounds" Bigfoot speech recordings
- Chris Noel (Home encounter cases and telepathy) - Yale graduate and author of the book, "Impossible Visits" and its forthcoming sequel, "Sasquatch in Focus 2013"
- Leigh Culver (Tracking and the paranormal) - Former military with experience in remote/special operations and search and rescue; a Georgia Master Naturalist
- Arla Williams (Bigfoot interactions and female researcher’s perspective)- Field researcher with personal sightings, encounters and specific knowledge of Native American culture
- Jim Rivieira (Giants and the mound builders) - Dynamic speaker on the hidden history of the North American giants and the mound builders; a TED lecture presenter
Tickets are $25 per day for adults and $15 for children 12 and under. Event schedules start at 9 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. each day. Tickets may be purchased online at the conference website. Because tickets are limited, pre-purchase is advised.